Our Temple building was built in 1971 and at that time a projector screen was installed in the Social Hall. At first the screen was used to project slide shows and old film movies. More recently we have upgraded some of our audio-visual equipment and now we can project video from the Hondo, memorial photographs during funerals and many other computer-based presentations. Since 2005, we have shown our monthly “Saturday at the Japanese Cinema” movies on the big screen too.
After 40 years of service, the big screen’s retracting mechanism has become worn and there are several tears and numerous marks on the surface. With the Temple’s 75th Anniversary celebration this year, and growing attendance for our regular and special events, it’s time for us to replace the projector screen.
You can help us achieve our goal of $3,000 to replace our old projector screen. We have several fundraisers planned with the hope of meeting our goal and installing a new projector screen by the end of May! And if we raise funds above our goal we will upgrade other components of our audio-visual system as well.
- Pancake Breakfast Fundraiser-Sunday, March 17th at 11:30 a.m. Tickets $10-adults, $5-children under 12. Join us for a pancake breakfast and other breakfast dishes with proceeds going to our Projector screen fund. For ticket sales, Terry or Jesse will be available on Sunday to make sure you get your ticket.
- Yankee Candle Fundraiser – this is a fundraising website that sells scented candles and many other items online. We will receive 40% of all profits from purchases made in our name (see instructions). A brochure will be available to view some of the candles in the Social Hall or you can see Terry to learn more about it. Instructions: go to www.yankeecandlefundraising.com/store.htm – and enter MBT’s Group Number: 999990162.
- Popcorn Fundraiser– assorted flavors of Popcorn in resealable ½ gallon or gallon bags. Popcorn orders will be taken at the Temple before and after Sunday services. The last day for popcorn orders will be March 18th. (If you are interested in helping sell popcorn see Terry.)
- World’s Finest Candy Fundraiser – delicious chocolate candy will be for sale at the Temple before and after Sunday services.
YOU CAN ALSO DONATE DIRECTLY:
If you cannot take part in our fundraising events but would still like to contribute, you can donate directly to the New Screen Fund. There are always three convenient ways to donate. First if your bank supports Zelle® payments (most banks do and there are no fees) you can contribute directly using our special email address: GIVING@MBTCHICAGO.ORG. If you wish to donate via PayPal you can use the button below. And of course you can always send a check! Any way you choose please remember to put “For New Projector Screen” in the memo field.
Thank you for your generosity!
Terry Cichocki, Fundraising Chair
PROJECTOR SCREEN FUNDRAISING EVENTS REMINDER
All proceeds raised will go to the replacement of our Social Hall projector screen. For more detail about each of these fundraisers see the full post.
Pancake Breakfast Fundraiser: Sunday, March 17th at 11:30 a.m. Tickets $10-adults, $5-children under 12 – see temple office for tickets.
Yankee Candle Fundraiser:
- click Shop
- enter MBT’s Group Number: 999990162.
Popcorn Fundraiser: orders will be taken at the Temple before and after Sunday services. The last day for popcorn orders will be March 18th.
World’s Finest Candy Fundraiser: chocolate candy will be for sale at the Temple before and after Sunday services.
To donate directly to the New Screen Fund see the instructions at the bottom of the post.