Board of Trustees
The Board of Trustees, a volunteer organization elected by Pledge members of the Sangha (the congregation), supports the minister in managing the business of the temple.
Each of the board’s members serves a two-year term (one-year for appointees) with fiscal responsibility, works on committees that plan and coordinate events, and makes decisions on religious matters. While the board meets monthly as a group on the second Sunday before general service, members of the board are in constant communication with each other and members of the Sangha.
The board works on behalf of the entire Sangha but depends upon your ideas, support and willingness to volunteer to realize these ideas. Each year, all Pledge members are welcome to run for a seat on the board.
2017 Board of Trustees
Board of Trustees – Standing Committees
- Religious Affairs – chair: Roger Suekama
- Revenue – chair: Rick Morimoto
- Legacy Garden – chair: Terry Cichocki
- Events Planning – chair: Joy Zavala
- Advisor to the board: Rev. Ron Miyamura
- Assistant Treasurer: Jac Cerney
- Office Manager: Jesse Zavala